The advantages of technology has brought good and bad effects into indutrial development, for example: the effect in the fashion industries. Fashion industries have rose rapidly. Many small fashion industries have developed into giant, with million rupiah sales, such as garment industries which produce men’s, women’s and children apparels. These factories also produce fabric wastes. Fabric wastes bring some problems to everybody. Fabric wastes may cause garbage everywhere. If someone burns the fabric wastes, it can make air pollution. What will someone do now? We have to manage the fabric waste. We can change fabric wastes into something useful, by created into some handy craft. A new small business can use the fabric wastes as row material to produce many kind of handicrafts such as bags, wallet, cushion case etc, by using some technique such as patchwork, quilting, weaving, crocheting.
Keyword: fabric waste; new small business
PDF Format of Article
- Duermyer, R., 10 Step Before Starting a Small or Home Business, 2010, http://himebusiness.about.com/od/getstarted- down loas Juny 29th, 2010
- Dunn.GM, Fashion Design. Adelaide: Rigby Limited, 1978.
- Hisrich, RD, Peters, MP, Shepherd DA., Entrepreneurship, New York: McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc, 2008.
- http:// www. allpeoplequilt.com/magazine-more/american- patchwork-quilting/color-options-american- patchwork- quilting-june 2013.
- American Fabrics and Fashion Magazine, Encyclopedia of Textiles. USA: Prentice-Hall Inc, Englewood Cliffs. NJ., 1980.
- Reader’s Digest, Complete Guide to Needlework, New York: Reader’s Digest Accociation Inc, 1979.
- Sri Wening & Sicilia Sawitri, Dasar-dasar Pengelolaan Usaha Busana, Yogyakarta: FPTK IKIP Yogyakarta, 1994.