This study was an advanced research of furniture waste creative industry in Jepara and Creative Industry of Fashion Complement from Furniture Waste in Study of Aesthetics, Conservation, and Economy Contribution. The work of the preceding study was in form of interior element. While this study was concentrated on fashion complementary product and oriented to provide a new understanding that the industrial waste could be made as product possessing a value of aesthetics, conservation, and economy. This study particularly aimed to develop a new, innovative, and expressive work and product possessing an economic value. The product was focused on the fashion complementary work in form of prospective earrings, bracelets, necklaces, belts, rings, shoes, and bags. This study was designed gradually with a method of Action Research, i.e. a study continued by some actions through a process of Action – Reflection – Evaluation of the product in a study of aesthetics and conservation in a systematical cycle, among others: exploration of idea source, material identification, material selection, design making, material and tool preparation, and creation. The result of this study was in form of variation development of fashion complementary product by utilizing furniture waste, furniture wood waste, and furniture sawdust as one alternative to be developed in furniture industrial area of Jepara. The fashion complementary product was not only limited to the accessories, but also millineries including the addition of earring, bracelet, necklace, belt variations, and the addition of shoes and ring products. The overall fashion complementary design and product prioritized the aspect of aesthetics and conservation emphasizing the idea source of local wisdom inspired by the condition of social, nature, tourism, and the human resource competences of Jepara. The product was expected to encourage the interest of people/furniture crafters to develop in order to create jobs and improve the economy.
Keywords: fashion complementary product; furniture waste; aesthetics; conservation
- Djelantik, A.A.M, Estetika Sebuah Pengantar, Penerbit Masyarakat Seni Pertunjukan Indonesia, Bandung Dick Hartaka, Manusia dan Seni, Yayasan Kanisius, Yogyakarta, 1999.
- Fahriun Naam,dkk, Industri kreatif dari limbah mebel di Kabupaten Jepara, LP2M UNNES, 2010.
- Gustami, SPSeni Kerajinan Mebel Ukir Jepara, Kajian Etetika Melalui Pendekatan Multidispliner, Penerbit Kanisius, Yogyakarta, 2000.
- Miles and Huberman, Analisis data Kualitatif. (diterjemahkan Ole: Tjetjep Rohedi Rosidi), Jakarta: Universitas Indonesia, 1992.
- Muelder Eaton Marcia, Persoalan-persoalan Dasar Estetika, Salemba Humanika Jakarta, 2010.
- Soedarso Sp, Tinjauan Seni, Sebuah Pengantar Apresiasi Seni, “STSRI” ASRI”, Yogyakarta, 1976.
- Trilogi Seni; Penciptaan, Eksistensi, dan Kegunaan Seni, Badan Penerbit Institut Seni Indonesia Yogyakarta, Yogyakarta, 2006.
- Sri Endah W,dkk, Industri Kreatif pelengkap busana dari limbah mebel dalam kajian estetika konservasi serta kontribusi ekonomi, Laporan penelitian 2012 LP2M UNNES, 2012.