Biological decomposition techniques and isolation of environmental pollutions using biosurfactant bacteria are one of the effective methods of environmental protection. Biosurfactants are amphilice compounds were produced from several species of bacteria. They are environmentally friendly, biodegradable, less toxic and non-hazardous.
This paper is designed to investigate experimentally removal of oil from oily sludge by biosurfactants. For this purpose, Preparation of biosurfactant was done in glass flasks and laboratory conditions. The surface tension of culture was measured by tensiometer. Finally, a study for the feasibility of removing oil from sludge by biosurfactant sixteen of experiments were designed.
Key words: Biosurfactants; Bacteria; Decomposition; Biodegradation.
- N. Kosaric, Biosurfactants in industry, Pure & Appl. Chern., Vol. 64, No. 11, pp. 1731-1737,1992.
- J. M. Luna, R. D. Rufino, L. A. Sarubboa, G. M. Campos-Takakia, Characterisation, surface roperties and biological activity of a biosurfactant produced from industrial waste by Candida sphaerica UCP0995 for application in the petroleum industry, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces Vol.102, pp. 202– 209, 2013.
- C. Zheng, M.Wangb, Y.Wangd, Z. Huang, Optimization of biosurfactant-mediated oil pextraction from oil sludge. Bioresource Technology, Vol. 110, pp338–342, 2012.
- P. Singh,S. Cameotra,Potential applications of microbial surfactants in biomedical sciences, TRENDS in Biotechnology Vol.22 ,No.3 ,pp. 142 – 146,2004.
- O. Ward, A. Singh, J. V. Hamme, Accelerated biodegradation of petroleum hydrocarbon waste.JIndMicrobiolBiotechnol, Vol.30, pp. 260–270, 2003.
- N.Pinzon-Gamez, rhamnolipid biosurfactant production from glycerol: new methods of analysis and improved denitrifying fermentation, the graduate faculty of the University of Akron, 2009.
- M.Pacwa-Płociniczak,G.A.Płaza,Z.Piotrow,Seget,S.S.Cameotra,Environmental Applications of Biosurfactants,Vol. 12, pp.633-654,2011.
- B. K.Tulevaa, G. R. Ivanovb , N. E. Christovaa, Biosurfactant Production by a New Pseudomonas putida Strain, pp.356-360 ,2002.
- H. Rashedi, E. Jamshidi, M. MazaheriAssadi ,B. Bonakdarpour,Isolation and production of biosurfactant from Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolated from Iranian southern wells oil, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 121-127,2005.
- J. D. DESAI, I. M. BANAT, “Microbial Production of Surfactants and Their Commercial Potential” American Society for Microbiology, Vol. 61, No. 1, pp. 47–64, 1997.
- S.Maneerat, K.Phetrong,Isolation of biosurfactant-producing marine bacteria and characteristics of selected biosurfactant,Songklanakarin J. Sci. Technol, Vol.2,No.3, pp.781-791, 2007.
- A. Nayak, Y. Veeranagouda , K. Lee , T. Karegoudar, Metabolism of acenaphthylene via 1,2-dihydroxynaphthalenebv and catechol by Stenotrophomonas sp. RMSK, Biodegradation,Vol.20,pp.837–843,2009