Asmari formation is one of most important reservoirs in southwest of Iran. Production from this reservoir is mostly due to presence of fracture systems especially in Marun oilfield, hence characterization of fracture zones in reservoir facilitate the specification of perforation zones, analyzing the performance of local faults and fracture networks to prevent problems during drilling operation, and modelling the fracture distribution in reservoir and affect it to geological model of reservoir. In this paper fractures of Asmari reservoir in Marun oilfield were studied by UBI and OBMI. Firstly raw data obtained from logging instrument were processed by GPIT survey, Bore ID, Bore Dip. The results were analyzed by visual and statistical methods, and matched with cores at various depths. Geological features like shear fracture and borehole breakout were identified. Image logs in depth of 3338 m to 3340 m were interpreted and results showed that bedding dip varies between 25° and 56° and most of dip data is between 30° and 46°. Fractures have dip of 35° to 84° that most of dip data range is between 58° to 66°.
Keywords: Asmari, Marun, Fracture, Image Log, UBI, OBMI.
- Shahinpour, A., “Borehole image log analysis for sedimentary environment and clay volume interpretation”, M.Sc. dissertation, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, 2013.
- Telmadarreie, A., Shadizadeh, S.R., Alizadeh, B., Investigation of Hydrogen Sulfide Oil Pollution Source: Asmari Oil Reservoir of Marun Oil Field in the Southwest of Iran, Iranian Journal of Chemical Engineering, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 63-74, 2012.
- Alizadeh, B., Telmadarreie, A., Shadizadeh, S.R., Tezhe, F., Investigating Geochemical Characterization of Asmari and Bangestan Reservoir Oils and the Source of H2S in the Marun Oilfield, Petroleum Science and Technology, Vol. 30, No. 10, pp. 967-975, 2010.
- Slim, Mirna I. “Borehole-image Log Interpretation and 3D Facies Modeling in the Mesaverde Group, Greater Natural Buttes Field, Uinta Basin, Utah.” Ph.D dissertation, Colorado School of Mines., 2007.
- http://mogpc.nisoc.ir/DesktopModules/Articles/ArticlesView.aspx?TabID=3812&Site=mogpc.nisoc&Lang=fa-IR&ItemID=2375&mid=14737, 5:10 PM, 7/9/2015.
- Telmadarreie, A., Shadizadeh, S. R., Alizadeh, B., An Investigation of Hydrogen Sulfide Plume Migration in the Asmari Reservoir of the Iranian Marun Oil Field: Using Repeat Formation Tests, Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects, Vol. 35, No. 21, pp. 1991-2001, 2010.
- Noraei Nezhad, Kh., Amiri Bakhtiar, H., Mohammadian, R., Azizi, A., Consideration of Geometric and Kinetic Parameters Fractures of Asmari Reservoir in Marum Field, Scientific Quarterly Journal, Geosciences, Vol. 24, No. 93, Autumn 2014.
- Shahram Sherkati, Jean Letouzey, Variation of Structural Style and Basin Evolution in the Central Zagros (Izeh zone and Dezful Embayment), Marine and Petroleum Geology, January 2004.
- Williams, T., Well Logging Principles and Applications: Borehole Image Analysis, 29 p., April 11, 2008.
- Mohammadian, R., Taghavipoor, Sh., Ghanavati, K. & Karami, M., 2011, “Statistical analysis of fractures and investigation relative effects of reservoir parameters by fracture modeling in one of the south west oil field of Iran”, 14th. International oil, gas and petrochemical congress, No. 8971, 2 pp.
- Abdideh, M., Bahadori Birgani, N., Amanipour, H., Estimating the Reservoir Permeability and Fracture Density Using Petrophysical Logs in Marun Oil Field (SW Iran), Petroleum Science and Technology, Vol. 31, No. 10, pp. 1048-1056, 2013.
- Tingay, M., Reinecker, J., Muller, B., World Stress Map Projects, Guidelines: Image Logs, pp. 1-8, 2008.
- Movahed, Z, Dashti, R. & Chakravorty, S., 2007, “Geological and petrophysical analysis of FuIIBore Formation Micro Imager(FMI), Feild Ahvaz, Well #383”, Well Services of Iran (Schlumberger Methods), Report NISOC, No. p-5627, 64 pp.