The present article dealt with studying physical and mechanical properties of binary blend of NBR/PA6. First, samples of NBR/PA6 blends were prepared as control samples then; the effect of Nano-particles on them was studied. The samples mixed with the weight percentages of PA6 (20, 40, and 50) and (2, 4, and 6) percentages of Nano-particles in an internal mixer and experimented after pressing and molding. XRD results showed that increasing Nano-clay particles causes the particles diffusion, the distance between them and the resistance of the samples to be increased, which can be seen through the mechanical results. DSC results showed that increasing NBR and 20 A Cloisite causes crystallization percentage to be decreased because of decreasing polymer and increasing rubber with lower heat resistance. Increasing Nano-clay has no effect on this property. Increasing Nano causes hardness resistance to be compressed and increased and increasing NBR causes this resistance to be decreased because of its elasticity. Furthermore, increasing Nano-particles in impact test can result in decreasing resistance. In tensile samples, increasing Nano-clay with the elasticity of PA6 results in increasing resistance. The objective of this article is to study the effect of increasing Nano-particles of clay on morphology and mechanical properties including tensile strength, Young’s modulus and impact resistance of binary blends based on NBR/PA6.
Keywords: acrylonitrile butadiene rubber, poly amid 6, physical and mechanical properties, Nano-composite, binary blend
- P.Mahalati,A. Arefazar, Gh. Naderi, Thermal and Morphological Properties of Thermoplastic Elastomer Nanocomposies Based on PA6/NBR, Iranian Journal of chemical Engineering,wol. 8,No.1(winter) 2011,
- Hanhua Li,Li Wang,Guojun Song,Zheng Gu,Peiyao Li,Changdong Zhang,Li Gao,Study of NBR/PVC/OMMT Nanocomposites Prepared by Mechanical Blending,Iranian polymer journal,19(1),2010,39-46
- P.Mahallati, A. Arefazar, G.Naderi, Thermoplastic Elastomer Nanocomposites Based on PA6/NBR,Iran Polymer and petrochemical institute (IPPI) Tehran,Iran,2010. 132-138.
- M.Golzar، A.R.Khalighi، Tensile and Relaxation Properties of PA6/Nanoclay Nanocomposites، Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science 2010 Vol 2، WCECS 2010، October 20-22، 2010، Sanfrancisco، usa
- Wang,Z.، Zhang,X.، Zhang، Y.، Zhang,Y.and Zhou,W.، Effect of dynamic vulcanization on properties and morphology of Nylon/SAN/NBR blends: A new compatibilization method of Nylon/ABS blends”Journal of Applied Polymer Science، 87(13)، 2057(2003)
- Radhesh Kumer,C.، Nair,V.، George، K.E، Oommen، Z and Sobu، T.، Blends of Nylon/Acrylonitrile Butadiene rubber: Effects of blend ratio، dynamic Vulcanization and compati-bilization on rheology and extrudate morphology”,polymer Engineering and Science,43 (9)، 1555(2003)
- Chowdhury,R.,Banergi,M. S. and Shivakumar,K.,“Polymer blends of Carboxylated Butadiene-Acrylonitrile copolymer (Nitrile rubber) and Plyamide 6 developed in twin screw extrusion”,Journal of Applied Polymer Science,104(1)، 372 (2007).
- Naderi,G.، Lafleur,p. G.,Dubois,C.,“Microstructure-Properties correlations in dynamically vulcanized nano-composite thermoplastic elastomers based on PP/NBR”,Polymer Engineering and Scince، 47(3)، 207(2007).