In this study, viscosity and density for two-component mixtures of ethyl Formate and 1-pantanol in a temperature range 293.15K to 323.15K and in different mole fraction measurements. From the data obtained, excess molar volumes was calculated and were correlated by Redlich-Kister type equation as a function of temperature and mole fraction. Excess molar volume for two-component mixture of ethyl formate and 1-pantanol in all range of temperatures were measured and whole mole fractions were positive and increase with increasing temperatures and chain length of 1-Alkanols.
Keyword: ethylformate, 1-pantanol, Excess molar volume, Redlich-Kister equation
- R. Alberty, Physical Chemistry, 3rd edition, 1966
- M. Almasi, 2010, Thermodynamic Study of multi-component systems include alcohols, nitriles, ketones and compare experimental data with theoretical models, Doctoral dissertation, Faculty of Sciences, Bu Ali Sina University
- A. Pasandideh, 2011, The study of density and viscosity of the two-component solutions includes of methyl isobutyl ketone and 2-alkanols, Master’s dissertation, Islamic Azad University, Science and Research Branch of Khuzestan
- B. Sarkoohi, 2011, Thermodynamic study of two-component systems includes cyclohexane and 2 alkanols, Master’s dissertation, Islamic Azad University, Science and Research Branch of Khuzestan
- Almasi, M.; Iloukhani, H. J. Chem. Eng.Data 2010, 55,1416
- Iloukhani, H.;Almasi, M. ThermochimActa2009,495, 139.
- Redlich, O.;Kister, A.T.Ind. Eng. Chem. 1948, 40, 345