Wellhead choke is an instrument which is installed in flow pipes or where the fluid leaves the wellhead, in order to control the flow, prevent well head equipment damage resulted from high pressure, prevent gas and water conning and sand control. Several empirical models were proposed for multiphase flow through flow within chokes which they are based on laboratory data. 40 tested data related to three gas fields has been used in this article which the minimum error equals to 0.013.
Keywords: gas reservoir, wellhead choke, choke size, gas oil ratio.
- Al-Attar, H.H., 2009. New Correlations for Critical and Subcritical TwoPhase Flow Through Surface Chocks in High-Rate Oil Wells. SPE 120788.
- Alrumah, M., Bizanti, M: New Choke Correlations For Sabriyah Field. Kuwait, SPE 105103,
- Achong, I. (1961). Revised Bean Performance Formula for Lake Maracaibo Wells, internal co. report, Shell Oil Co., Houston, TX.
- Ashford, F.E. and Pierce, P.E.: “Determining Multiphase Pressure Drops and Flow Capacities in Downhole Safety Valves,” Journal of Petroleum Technology, September 1975, pp. 45-52.
- Baxendell, P. B. (1958). Producing Wells on Casing Flow – An Analysis of Flowing Pressure Gradients, AIME, 213, 202–207.
- Gilbert, W.E., 1954. Flowing and Gas Lift Performance. American Petroleum Institute.
- Guo, B. & Lyons, W & Ghalambor, A.: “Petroleum Production Engineering,” Elsevier Science & Technology Books 2007.
- Jaro, A., et al.: “A New Analytical Model to Predict Gas Rate Volume Measurement through Wellhead Chokes”; Paper No IPTC 17046, International Petroleum Technology Conference, March 2013.
- Mesallati, A., Biznati, M., and Mansouri, N. (2000). Multiphase-Flowchoke correlations for Offshore Bouri Oil field, International GasUnion 21st World Gas Conference, 49 pp., Nice, France, 6–9June.
- Nasriani, H.R., A. Kalantariasl, 2011. Two-Phase Flow Choke Performance in High Rate Gas Condensate wells. SPE 145576.
- Omana, R., Houssiere, Jr., C. Brown, K.E., Brill, J. P., and Thompson, R.E.: “Multiphase Flow Through Chokes,” SPE 2682 Paper Presented in the 44th Annual Fall Meeting of SPE AIME Held in Denver, Colo, Sept. 28-0ct. 1, (1969).
- Poettmann, F.E. and Beck, R.L. : ” New Charts Developed to Predict GasLiquid Flow through Chokes “; Word Oil (March 1963) 96-111.
- Ros, N. C. J. ( 1960). An Analysis of Critical Simultaneous Gas/Liquid Flow Through a Restriction and Its Application toFlow metering, Applied Science Research, 9, 374–388,doi: 10.1007/BF00382215.
- Safar Beiranvand, M., et al. ,” New multiphase choke correlations for a high flow rate Iranian oil field”, Mech. Sci., 3, 43–47, 2012 – doi:10.5194/ms-3-43-2012.
- Tangren, R.E., Dodge, C.H., Seifert, H.S., 1949. Compressibility effect of two-phase J. Appl. Phys. 20.
- Thomas J.: ” Sheet Metal and Conditioning Contractors “; National Association, INC, (2113).
- Van Wylen,G.J and Sonntage R.E. : ” Fundamentals of Classical Thermodynamics “; Second Edition, Revised Printing, John Wiley & Sons.
- South-Kaman-Zadeh, A. and Dashtbozorg, A., 2016. Facile chemical synthesis of the nanosize structure of Sr 2 TiO 4 for degradation of toxic dyes from aqueous solution.Journal of Molecular Liquids, 223, pp.921-926.
- Roozbehani, B. and Dashtbozorg, A., 2016. Catalyst and Natural Gas Partial Oxidation.American Journal of Oil and Chemical Technologies: Volume, 4(4).
- Goosefish, M.A., Abadi, M., Abbasi, Z., Dashtbozorg, A., Rostami, M.E. and Ebadi, M., 2016. A hydrothermal method for synthesizing ZnFe2.Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 27(8), pp.8654-8660.
- Jadidi, N., Roozbehani, B., & Saadat, A. (2014). Application of Organic Surfactants to Recover Hydrocarbons from Oil Sludges.Journal of Environmentally Friendly Processes: Volume, 2(5).
- Rahmandoost, E., Roozbehani, B. and Maddahi, M.H., 2014. Experimental Studies of CO2 Capturing from the Flue Gases.Iranian Journal of Oil & Gas Science and Technology, 3(4), pp.1-15.
- Motevasel, M., Roozbehani, B., and Shahi, A., 2014. Catalytic Degradation of Mixed Polymers into Environmental Friendly and Useful Products.American Journal of Oil and Chemical Technologies: Volume, 2(12).
- Dashtbozorg, A., Roozbehani, B. Kinetic Study of Catalytic Degradation of Mixed Waste Plastics into Gasoline and Diesel Product.Journal of Environmentally Friendly Processes, 2016.Volume, 4(2): p.14-28.