The effect of different equations of state on production well simulation results have been investigated. Concerning considerable application of PIPESIM software in production units in petroleum industry, the available equations of state in this software have been explored and compared in this article. A production well has been simulated using different equations of state and production rate, bottom hole pressure and well head pressure have been calculated and compared with actual data.
The simulation results show that 3 parameter Peng-Robinson equation of state in SISFlash PVT package has acceptable results which have the best match with actual data.
- Zamani, Ali; Ebrahimzadeh, Kaveh; Malakouti; Reza; Explosive Engineering; First Edition, Shahramzadi Publishing, 2008.
- Smith, J. M., Van Ness, H. C.; Abbot, M.; The Basics of Thermodynamics in Chemical Engineering, translated by Mohammad Soltanieh, Gholamreza Vakilinezhad, Publishing Center of University Publishing, edited, 2013..
- McCain, William; Features of Petroleum Fluids, Translated by: Kheshayar Nasri Fard, Mahmoud Mashhfaghian, Shiraz University Press, First Printing, 2000.
- Tariq, Ahmad; hydrocarbon reservoir engineering, translation: Rahim Silavi, Volume I, National Iranian Oil Company Press, 2010.
- Adel Zadeh, Mohammad Reza; Moradi, Mohsen; step-by-step tutorials for PIPESIM software, Route Novin Publication, 2012.